Wedding season is right around the corner and here at Rejuvenation MD Aesthetics & Vein Center we LOVE brides! There is nothing more exciting than helping you get your skin ready for your big day when all eyes are truly on you! However, the most common mistake we see brides make is waiting until the last minute to get their skin in order. Waiting until a month before your wedding to begin aesthetic treatments severely limits treatment options.
In the best-case scenario, you’re already a seasoned client who has been diligent with aesthetic treatments and skin care, and your skin is already in a great spot. Even if that’s not the case, it is still entirely possible to prep for a big event given enough time. We’ll begin a wedding-specific treatment plan 1 year before the big day as well as pre wedding skin care.
1 year out from Wedding Day
If you’re a year-plus out from your big day, we have some time! Let’s start with what we are doing with our skin at home.
Take a look at what your routine is now. Are you using medical-grade skin care products? If not, starting a year before the wedding gives your skin plenty of time to adjust to the new routine. Soon enough your skin will be glowing from the consistent use of high-quality products specifically selected for your skin type and skin concern.
What products should you consider? Of course, your skin type will determine what routine you should follow. A bride struggling with breakouts and acne scars will need different products than a bride trying to combat sun damage and uneven skin tone.
Now, I know what you’re thinking…I can’t plan a wedding AND worry about a new 10+ step skincare routine, but don’t worry! At Rejuvenation MD, we are firm believers that less is more. A routine comprised of:
- a gentle cleanser
- ceramide-containing moisturizer like our Restore Crème (Link here)
- and daily SPF
is a great starting point for a morning routine, as long as the products are great quality. Medical-grade skincare products are formulated and tested to produce results, but with so many skincare lines out there, it’s difficult to know what products work well together, which are effective, and if you’re getting the most value for your money. I created my own skincare line for Rejuvenation MD so that my patients know without a doubt that they have the best ingredients, formulations, and products possible. These products can work on their own, but they also complement the treatments you receive at Rejuvenation MD flawlessly. You won’t have to worry about having to change your skincare once you start in-office treatments.
For a gentle cleanser, I created the Gentle Antioxidant Soothing Cleanser. It effectively removes dirt, makeup, pollution, and impurities without stripping the skin. Natural botanicals and antioxidants restore and protect the skin.
I created the Restore Crème to equalize the skin’s natural moisture levels, calm the skin, and support the skin barrier for a more youthful appearance. This moisturizer utilizes hyaluronic acid for hydration, tetrapeptide-21 to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, antioxidants, and squalane.
My Rose Gold Tinted SPF 50 provides broadspectrum protection, blue light protection, and protection from free radicals. It has a lightweight formulation, gives you a beautiful glow, and is a great option for those getting used to wearing a daily SPF. It is by far the best part of my routine for preventing the breakdown of collagen and hyperpigmentation.
As for a nightly routine, implementing a medical-grade retinol paired with a rich moisturizer is going to help speed up cellular turnover, clear out pores, and increase collagen production so you’ll be radiating while walking down the aisle!
I created Retinol Glow Drops to have a sophisticated formula that gives you results without compromising your skin barrier. We use All-trans-Retinol, a clinically proven pure and active retinoid, helps to improve the look of lines, wrinkles, pores, and blemishes. To complement the retinol, we’ve added bakuchiol which boosts overall antioxidant activity to increase benefits and visibly reduces the incidence of redness or irritation.
One of the best things about the Restore Crème is that it can be used day or night. Using a good moisturizer with your retinol is necessary to hydrate and nourish the skin, as retinol can make the skin more sensitive. Using both together will completely change your complexion and give you that glow everyone is chasing after.
If you’re a year or more out from your big day and are considering injectables, now is the time to schedule that consult so we can develop your facial treatment plan. Lips, facial fillers, and collagen-stimulating injectables such as Sculptra take time to integrate with your body and settle, so you’ll want to schedule these cosmetic treatments with a little wiggle room before the big day. No one wants to walk down the aisle puffy or bruised from fresh injectables.
6 Months Until the Big Day
If you have around 6 months of preparation until the big day you can go the extra mile by freshening up your skin with a variety of treatments.
Dysport and Botox
Now is the time to stay on your Dysport or Botox schedule every 3 months. This is going to keep those wrinkles away while also improving skin texture. Even if you’ve never tried Dysport or Botox before, 6 months is still enough time to try it out and decide exactly what works best for you on your wedding day. It can be helpful to take photos during this time, potentially with your bridal makeup on. This can help to give you an idea of how you’ll look in your wedding photos, especially if you’re doing a makeup trial with your bridal makeup artist. . While you might not notice a wrinkle or a little asymmetry in person, you might notice it in a photo. This will give us the opportunity to make any adjustments so you’re as happy as possible on your wedding day.
Now is the time to squeeze in monthly microneedling beauty treatments for that added boost of collagen production. Microneedling addresses fine lines, wrinkles, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, melasma, raised scarring, and depressed scars. It’s an incredible treatment that I highly recommend you try if possible. Better yet, enhance your treatment with PRP. Using platelet-rich plasma can increase skin cell turnover, spur the growth of new blood cells, and amplify collagen production.
If you need to address pigmentation or uneven skin tones our Pigmentation Chemical Peel could be an option for you during this time of preparation. Our chemical peel utilizes an acidic solution that is topically applied to the skin. It removes the damaged top layers, speeds skin cell turnover, and boosts collagen growth which results in a brighter, more even complexion.
Finally, don’t get lazy with what you’re doing at home! Sticking to that home skincare routine is crucial for continuing to look your best. Luckily, with 6 months to go, we still have time to reach those wedding day skin goals!
3 Months until I DO
At 3 months, if you’re wanting to pull the trigger on dermal filler, it’s now or never, girl! This is officially your last window of opportunity to get a lip enhancement done or go all in on facial balancing. Doing it now will leave just enough time for it to settle and to tweak if needed. Filler can look conservative. It’s wonderful for volume loss, so if you’re noticing sallowness in your cheeks or maybe you wish the tip of your nose was a bit perkier, we can always do a filler consultation so you can at least know whether the look you’d like to achieve is possible.
At Rejuvenation MD Aesthetics & Vein Center, we offer injectable filler services including:
- Full Facial Rejuvenation
- This package is ideal for patients with more advanced signs of aging and treats the entire face for overall volume loss and balance of facial features. The injectables used in the treatment will be selected and overseen by me, Dr. Chaudhary, after we discuss your goals and I explain our options during the consultation. We’ll evaluate your face, how it’s aged, how different lighting affects the contours of your face, and how the placement of injectables with affect your appearance.
- Upper Facial Rejuvenation
- This package treats the cheeks and under-eye hollows. It’s ideal for patients who are concerned about looking tired due to eye bags, under-eye hollows, or dark circles. Rejuvenation MD uses dermal fillers Restylane and Revanesse for this treatment. These are hyaluronic acid dermal fillers. Hyaluronic acid is found naturally in your body and is often an ingredient in many skincare products. Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, and hyaluronic acid fillers can stimulate collagen production, add volume, reduce texture, and soften fine lines & wrinkles.
- Lower Facial Rejuvenation
- This package corrects the appearance of jowls on the jawline, restores volume to the chin, and reduces the appearance of marionette lines. We utilize Restylane and Radiesse for this treatment. Radiesse is not a hyaluronic acid filler. It is made of calcium hydroxylapatite which is stiffer than hyaluronic acid and more effective at treating nasolabial folds or smile lines. As the CaHA gel matrix breaks down over time, it stimulates collagen and elastin, leaving a firm network of collagen fibers in its place.
- Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty
- There is no downtime required for a non-surgical rhinoplasty, and the results are incredible. With a non-surgical nose job, we can achieve a bridge lift, nose alignment, and refining of the tip. We can discuss the best filler that suits your needs during your consultation.
- Double Chin Reduction
- Kybella uses synthetic deoxycholic acid to break down fat in the body. Deoxycholic acid naturally occurs in the body and aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. A double chin reduction will require a series of treatments where I will inject multiple small injections under the chin. Once destroyed, the cells will no longer store fat!
- Lip Augmentation and Restoration
- For this treatment, we use hyaluronic acid fillers to improve lip volume, shape, and structure. HA filler offers total control over lip volume, and we can gradually increase the filler over multiple sessions until we achieve the desired results. It’s important to know that HA filler is not permanent, and if necessary, can be fully- or partially-dissolved in-office.
- Collagen Stimulation
- Collagen is a key structural component of the skin and helps maintain skin laxity. To help stimulate collagen in the face, we use Sculptra Aesthetic, an FDA approved filler composed of poly-L-lactic acid.
Botox and Dysport
If it is your first time having Botox or Dysport this is the time when we can perfect your dose and injection pattern to give you the best natural, never frozen look as you say “I do.” If it is not your first time having Botox or Dysport, it’s a great time to touch it up. This will keep wrinkles from forming so you’ll look just as flawless for all the events leading up to your wedding as on the big day. It will also give your the opportunity to see how you’ll look on your wedding day, get used to any changes we make, and enjoy smooth skin.
Oh Sh!t! It’s Wedding Month!
If you’re a Botox/Dysport regular and are due for your dose, you’ll want to be injected at least 4 weeks before the big day, so it has time to peak and look its best by the time you walk down the aisle. Botox and Dysport take time to reach their full effect, and you’ll want to have time to heal from the needle injection points or from any bruising that may occur.
2 weeks before the wedding one can consider our AquaGold skin treatment which is essentially like wearing a filter so those bridal portraits are top-notch. AquaGold treatments use a diluted dose of Botox or Dysport that is stamped into the skin to help reduce the size of pores and improve texture that gives us that glowing skin with a healthy sheen we are always lusting after.
The week of the big day? Come in for a luxurious Hydrafacial, where we clean the skin, exfoliate dead skin cells, extract clogged comedones, and infuse medical-grade skin care products into the skin. While you’re at it add the Glass Skin Booster to the treatment for an extra boost of hydration to help achieve that wedding glow, then relax under the LED Stim light and let the magic of red LED light therapy happen!
We love taking care of our brides and grooms! And we believe you should look and feel like the most beautiful version of yourself on one of the most special days of your life. Hopefully, we can help with that. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, don’t worry. Once you set your wedding date, schedule your consultation with Rejuvenation MD Aesthetics & Vein Center, and we’ll work together to come up with a plan to achieve the results you want. And when the big day finally comes, we hope you’ll make the most amazing memories and take so many pictures to look back on.